15.12.05

Introducing El Humanista

Buenos dias los friars

I have met your el vikingo while trudging through these slushed wastelands we call the midwest of the united states of America. After succumbing to the icy blizzard and having been stuck and frozen for more than an hour in the cravase created by me when I had relieved myself in the snow outside of an old saloon, a hand appeared and pulled me to safety. Thank you el vikingo.

I have traveled these many strange lands for years as a simple Shepard of ideas and ideals. Selling my wares at whichever small town or oasis I could find. The pickings have been slim but I have remained resolute in my quest. Is this simply because I have no other path or because it is my calling? Since I was a babe in diapers I have fought against the tyranny of forced belief and the oppression of the staunchly dogmatic. I endeavor thus to always remain a free man who is hell-bent on protecting the freedom of others.

I am el Humanistica. I thank you, los Friars, for your warm invitation.


In other news,

Book Recommendation: The Corrections by Nick Franzen.
This is the novel I have just put down a week ago and am still rapt in thought about. Beautiful poetics and a very modern assembly. He denied Oprah's book club when they offered it. Applause.

And a poem idea for the friar folk. I have begun this train of a poem in hopes that it might continue on. The idea is that each four line stanza tells a small story, beginning middle end if you will. The "chorus" can be used to heighten or end the last or next stanza.

It was one night
In all the dark days ends
It was one night

Carved steel ravine
Twisted carbon-fiber frame
Broken glass
Not an accident

Said the wrong words
Spilled the wrong milk
Left you to dry
I want to be alone

Wine stained teeth
Labored breathing
I sprain
And suffer a decade

A child is born
Mother's arms are soft
Her breast now successful
Only to make more dark nights

It was one night
In all the dark days ends
It was one night

I grab his hand
We shook and smiled for a minute
Flashbulbs and lights across America
Couldn't be more proud

The rain made a sound so loud
I cower under cotton linen blend
I am not sad
You are not here

I have but a horse
Both of us are night blind
I'll drive until light
A neon sign

You can't joke at this hour
Almost daylight and no sign
Maybe they won't come back
I hope

You, boy, come here
I am not a girl, anymore
Nor wish to be
Blood and hope

It was one night
In all the dark days ends
It was one night

That's it, listen to Sufjan

El Humanistia

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice ta meet ya humanista

listen, "it was one night" is a bit ghzalish; do you know the form?

l a-ro

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sufjan Stevens Christmas Album:

http://www.chattablogs.com/
quintus/archives/019666.html

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Notice

Notice

This web site is provided for information only. No claims are made of accuracy or validity, and no responsibility will be taken by the author for events arising from use of the information provided.

Creative Commons LicenceThis website is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.

© All material present on this site is copyright to the author and should not be published elsewhere in any form without appropriate permission. However, any of the information contained at this site may be downloaded for personal use as defined by the Creative Commons Licence.

The content of linked sites are not under our control and we are therefore not responsible for the content of any linked sites or any subsequent links contained in a linked site. These links are provided as a convenience to the visitor and their inclusion does not imply our endorsement.