5.2.08

tv two



My TV was on for the first time in five years. There’s a weather channel on regular, well digital TV. But there was so much information, extended forecast, scrolling text…something about flood warnings. A panel on the side that had something else, a screen in the middle with an announcer saying, “and now for the national outlook.” Yet the only thing specific I remember is that it was, or will be 29 degrees in Marquette.


Flipped to the McNeil-Lehr News Hour, every face seemed so utterly board…the type of face of a child stuck in the company of stupid adults. On subject was the advertising of the true, or truer, conservative(s).


(a screen shot)


I turned off the tele. Turned on the BBC. McCartney said to send his love to the aliens. NASA is broadcasting the Beatles out to space.


Been thinking about what message I would leave and to who if I could, any message, any time, to anyone. It would be tomorrow, wishing I’d called people today saying, “Hi. My name is Rob and I am calling for Senator Barack Obama’s Presidential campaign to let you know where your polling station is located….”


I remember a dream I had this morning, that my book was on shelves inside my coffee pot. I saw the shelves, the texts inside my four cup coffee pot , and I was in there too, looking around. It was a revelation, certain, like math. Shelves, plus coffee, and I fill with my book. Hmmm, in the meantime, I’ve got a cold and am in bed now… That is, it’s 6:30 and I am wearing pajamas. There is fog fog fog outside. The buildings have disappeared. Maybe when I wake up I’ll be different.



r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Notice

Notice

This web site is provided for information only. No claims are made of accuracy or validity, and no responsibility will be taken by the author for events arising from use of the information provided.

Creative Commons LicenceThis website is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.

© All material present on this site is copyright to the author and should not be published elsewhere in any form without appropriate permission. However, any of the information contained at this site may be downloaded for personal use as defined by the Creative Commons Licence.

The content of linked sites are not under our control and we are therefore not responsible for the content of any linked sites or any subsequent links contained in a linked site. These links are provided as a convenience to the visitor and their inclusion does not imply our endorsement.