10.1.06

la poetical braidiotical

l'a-ro and i have been trading poems for a while... (semi consistently)
here is my latest response to him. much love to you all in the new year

i would have lurched forward
out of these staining waters
had i the sand
the ability to take a life by force
but the sinews are so wrapped
along my outer skin and
trickling between each rib
of my heart's cage
holding my shoulder to my arm
and my arm to my shoulder
flowing in my disrupted bloods
and dancing in my brain's television
so much so
that i can't decipher importance or grief
flowers painted gray overthrowing love

i would have soared forward
out of these freezing waters
had i the fervor
the ability to give my life by grace
but the fingers are so twisted
sidewalks can't form the chords and
skyscrapers forgot the words
of my heart's rage
blocking the sun from my eyes
and my eyes from the sun
the empty lot's a skipping record
repeating in my brain's phonograph
so much so
that i can't find the right song
to turn the roses red again

--el vikingo

latest reading:
li-young lee "the city in which i love you"
****gorgeous!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

deep form brother, a joy
light's on
thanks

l'a-ro

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Notice

Notice

This web site is provided for information only. No claims are made of accuracy or validity, and no responsibility will be taken by the author for events arising from use of the information provided.

Creative Commons LicenceThis website is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.

© All material present on this site is copyright to the author and should not be published elsewhere in any form without appropriate permission. However, any of the information contained at this site may be downloaded for personal use as defined by the Creative Commons Licence.

The content of linked sites are not under our control and we are therefore not responsible for the content of any linked sites or any subsequent links contained in a linked site. These links are provided as a convenience to the visitor and their inclusion does not imply our endorsement.